NZ Secondary Schools Orienteering Championships 2020 – CANCELLED

The following has just been posted on the ONZ website

The Hawkes Bay Orienteering Club in association with Orienteering NZ have taken what we know will be a very disappointing decision for all the students and teams who have entered or intended entering our NZ Secondary Schools Orienteering Championships 8-10th October in Hawke’s Bay. 

As indicated previously, this championship can only proceed at Alert level 1. This ensures that it is a true national event with inclusivity for all students nationwide.  Only at Alert level 1 could we additionally have confidence in the safety and wellbeing of all our school competitors, visitors and volunteers.  Logistically, this was not possible to run the event at Alert Level 2. Today’s Government Covid19 update indicates the bulk of the country in principle may move to Alert level 1 in a week’s time.   However, the timing of the Auckland region moving from 2.5 to level 1 is currently unknown.   This has made it too uncertain a situation for us to proceed and does not provide the surety needed for schools to organise, plan, make bookings and to enter prior to the school holiday break.  We have therefore made the difficult decision to cancel.  An email will be sent to schools who have paid entry fees to organise their reimbursement.

The HB Orienteering Club and ONZ would like to thank everyone for intending on entering the NZSS Orienteering Champs.  

We wish to acknowledge the HB Orienteering Clubs Controllers, Planners and NZSSOC team who have twice planned for this event this year.  They have worked hard to provide what would have been an enjoyable event.

Thank you once again for your support.  

AOS 8 Sunday 20 September at Albany – Event has been postponed

Because of Covid restrictions, the event to be held on the Kristin School campus at Albany on 20 September (AOS 8) has been postponed.

North Island Secondary School Championship 2020 – POSTPONEMENT

With the Government’s announcement today that Auckland will remain in level 2.5 until at least 23 September, the club has regrettably decided that the NISS Championships must be deferred to the reserve dates of 17/18 October.  As there are only two days for events the sprint will be held on Saturday 17th, the long distance on Sunday 18th and the relay is cancelled.  We appreciate that this will inconvenience some.  For those who have entered and paid for the relay please submit a request for event fee refunds to [email protected].  For those who have entered the sprint and long distance events and are not able to attend on the revised dates please also send your request for entry fee refunds to [email protected]. Entries will now remain open until midnight on 2 October.

North Island Secondary School Championships 2020 – Update on current status of the event; closing date for entries extended

Under the current Covid rules applicable to Auckland we are unable to hold this event on the current dates. The Government is to announce on Monday if there is to be a change to the rules, and the club will then make a decision whether to proceed, postpone or cancel the event.

We are extending the closing date for entries to midnight on Wednesday, 16 September to still permit entries to be made should we be able to proceed with the event on the current dates.

AOS 7 Sunday 6 September at Woodhill Forest POSTPONED

Because of Covid restrictions the event to be held on the Mushroom Rd East map in Woodhill Forest on 6 September (AOS 7) has been postponed.

Auckland Secondary School Rogaine Championship 8 September – POSTPONED

As Covid Level 2 applies until at least until 6 September the club has regrettably made the decision to postpone the rogaine to a later date; subject to a suitable date being found.

AOS 6 – Waiuku Forest Event POSTPONED

Because of Covid restrictions CMOC has taken the decision to postpone the event to be held at Waiuku Forest on 23 August. We will advise in due course if the event can be rescheduled to a later date.

AOS 5 – Slater Road POSTPONED

Because of Covid restrictions AOS 5 scheduled to be held on 16 August at Slater Road has now been postponed

2020 Junior Training Camp

This year’s Junior Training Camp will be held in Nelson from 13 to 18 December with applications closing on 31 August. Information on the camp can be found here .

Entries open for NISS

Entries are now open for NISS and the accompanying public event. Please enter online using EnterO.