The start lists and final information bulletin for NISS have been published. These are available on the event website
With a return to Level 1, we’re excited to announce the return of the Summer Series! A fun way for all family members – young and old – to explore the parks of Pukekohe. Grab a map and run/walk the courses. Start any time between 4:30pm and 6:00pm on Wednesdays. First event 14 October at […]
The date for the AOS event to be held at Riverhead Forest has been brought forward from 18 to 11 October.
NWOC have posted the following info:
Event centre: Motorbike HQ at Barlow Road, via Ararimu Valley Road
Map: Riverhead Forest, Barlow Road access. A mostly new map with a real mixture of terrain, from lighting quick open trees to native bush and everything in between. Red courses have been set as tricky middle distances, which will make for the perfect preparation for the upcoming National Champs.
Start time: Start for general public between 10.00 – 12.30. Pre-registration required via EnterO, to be able to meet Alert Level 2 requirements.
Course closure: 14.30
Courses available: 3 Red, Orange, Yellow & White.
Red 1 is equivalent to normal Red 2/Red 3 distance. Red 2 is equivalent to normal Red 3/Red 4 distance. Red 3 is equivalent to normal Red 5. Orange is equivalent to normal Orange Short.
|First-time forest orienteers||Free||Free|
|Course||Controls||Length (km)||Climb (m)|
No water will be available on the courses or post-event. Please bring your own water.
The following has just been posted on the ONZ website
The Hawkes Bay Orienteering Club in association with Orienteering NZ have taken what we know will be a very disappointing decision for all the students and teams who have entered or intended entering our NZ Secondary Schools Orienteering Championships 8-10th October in Hawke’s Bay.
As indicated previously, this championship can only proceed at Alert level 1. This ensures that it is a true national event with inclusivity for all students nationwide. Only at Alert level 1 could we additionally have confidence in the safety and wellbeing of all our school competitors, visitors and volunteers. Logistically, this was not possible to run the event at Alert Level 2. Today’s Government Covid19 update indicates the bulk of the country in principle may move to Alert level 1 in a week’s time. However, the timing of the Auckland region moving from 2.5 to level 1 is currently unknown. This has made it too uncertain a situation for us to proceed and does not provide the surety needed for schools to organise, plan, make bookings and to enter prior to the school holiday break. We have therefore made the difficult decision to cancel. An email will be sent to schools who have paid entry fees to organise their reimbursement.
The HB Orienteering Club and ONZ would like to thank everyone for intending on entering the NZSS Orienteering Champs.
We wish to acknowledge the HB Orienteering Clubs Controllers, Planners and NZSSOC team who have twice planned for this event this year. They have worked hard to provide what would have been an enjoyable event.
Thank you once again for your support.
Because of Covid restrictions, the event to be held on the Kristin School campus at Albany on 20 September (AOS 8) has been postponed.
With the Government’s announcement today that Auckland will remain in level 2.5 until at least 23 September, the club has regrettably decided that the NISS Championships must be deferred to the reserve dates of 17/18 October. As there are only two days for events the sprint will be held on Saturday 17th, the long distance on Sunday 18th and the relay is cancelled. We appreciate that this will inconvenience some. For those who have entered and paid for the relay please submit a request for event fee refunds to [email protected]. For those who have entered the sprint and long distance events and are not able to attend on the revised dates please also send your request for entry fee refunds to [email protected]. Entries will now remain open until midnight on 2 October.
Under the current Covid rules applicable to Auckland we are unable to hold this event on the current dates. The Government is to announce on Monday if there is to be a change to the rules, and the club will then make a decision whether to proceed, postpone or cancel the event.
We are extending the closing date for entries to midnight on Wednesday, 16 September to still permit entries to be made should we be able to proceed with the event on the current dates.
Events coming up
Past & Future Events
Only Past Events
Only Future Events